Shabby

March 11, 2011

Essence - You've Got The Art

Essence just released a limited edition collection called Whoom! Boomm!!! (can it get any louder? :brow) with some new make up products and something I'm more interested in: four new nail polishes. I got one of them, the other three were kinda blah to me. It's called You've Got The Art and I would describe it as a pastel yellow creme with a hint of green. I grabbed this colour 'cause I wanted to step out of my comfort zone for once, lol. It's só not me... give me a good purple, red or pink and I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store, but this colour: nope, not for me (thankfully it wasn't too expensive, €1,79 for an 8 ml. bottle). Anywayz, I can always show you the swatch, right? You've Got The Art reminds me of Fiercely Fiona from the OPI Shrek Forever After collection, but I'm not sure how much they're actually alike.. I don't have FF and the swatches I found of it were very dissimilar.

About the application; it was everything you can expect of a yellow pastel creme: a complete streak-fest. I must say I was prepared, so it wasn't thát bad, but I still needed three coats to get rid of those awful streaks.





Maybe a bit of stamping could make it work for me? I used imageplate M74 and Konad Special Nail Polish in Apple Green. I was a bit disappointed by the opaqueness of that one, but what can you do about it? It's a fun, springy look for sure, but still: so not me. :) What do you think?

Thanks for watching!